Can I check on remote gpk-update-viewer??

Paul jpb at entel.ca
Fri Jul 3 16:45:22 UTC 2009

First, ascertain the nature of your problem (which my guess is whatever
authentication you are using has somehow changed in configuration) 'for
sure', by going down to the machine and seeing if you can run it locally. I
am guessing you will be able to.

Second, look into any updates to ssh (particularly related to X forwarding),
authentication (probably PAM), and gtk-update-viewer, and anything else you
can think of that may have been the victim :) of an update.

I have found the two largest proportions of problems to be updates and the
ubiquitous PEBKAC.

Paul