Firefox 3.5 final?

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 3 16:58:24 UTC 2009

On 07/03/2009 12:50 PM, Kevin Martin wrote:

> Andre Robatino wrote:
>> On 07/03/2009 10:26 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
>>> Has it been released yet to the Fedora yum non-beta repositories?  yum
>>> list | grep firefox still only shows the beta when I run it here.
>> I installed it over a day ago.  Try "yum clean metadata" and "yum
>> update" repeatedly until you get a fresh mirror.
>>

> Ah yes, I'm getting the old  "Error: Cannot retrieve metalink for
> repository: fedora. Please verify its path and try again" after a "yum
> clean metadata" and then a yum list.  I've tried about a dozen
> iterations of the fedora.repo file with no luck.  Can you cut and paste
> your yum.repos.d/fedora.repo file here please?

Sorry about that, here it is just once:

[andre at compaq-pc yum.repos.d]$ cat fedora.repo
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-debuginfo]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - Debug
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/debug/
mirrorlist=https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-debug-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/