Re: forced to do text-based F11 install

Andre Robatino wrote:

On 07/03/2009 10:11 AM, Andre Robatino wrote:

 The GUI in anaconda works fine right up to the point where the
"creating filesystem on /dev/sda1" window starts and Xorg starts using
~95% of the CPU.

DVD in constant use? Might be marginal DVD or reader.

Options which have helped me at this point:
 xdriver=vesa
 video=vesafb:1024x768
 vga=0x318

None is really the magic bullet which "always works," but I've used all of them over the past few years. On one machine the "video=" needed a frame rate specified, once I set that I got an image. That was some SiS video thing in a Shuttle.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>