Laptop and monitor power control

Hi,

I have a ThinkPad and just installed F11.
There is a small issue with the screensaver and the monitor power control.

the screensaver kicks in as normal, but after a while it is not updated any more (e.g. the dials of the clock don't move).
As soon as I touch the mouse, it disappears.

I think that when the screensaver stops being updated, the monitor should actually be suspended and go black (which it did in F9).

If I go to System Settings -> Display -> Power Control, in the help page it says that this should not be used for laptops. It suggests to use the Laptop Control Centre from kdeutils.

Does anybody know where it is?