Re: how eliminate canned wallpaper?

Beartooth wrote:
Gnome-appearance-properties gets installed with a default collection of wallpapers, themes, backgrounds, or whatever they're called; I have plenty of my own that I like better, and always delete those. But some screensavers, such as Slip in xscreensaver, still find them -- apparently in /usr/share/backgrounds. I'd like to get rid of them. But they seem to be protected in some way, at least against my userid.

Will it foul something up to the nines if I just go to the CLI as root, cd down as far as the bottom directories, and just use rm a/o rmdir on them all?

How about if I eliminate only what rm will take, and leave all the directories in place, but empty?

	Or maybe put some of my own collection in instead?

I like "put my own collection in as additions" just in case. There probably wouldn't be a problem with deleting, but adding your own is sure to avoid any issue with something looking for an image.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>