how eliminate canned wallpaper?

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Jul 4 07:05:03 UTC 2009

Beartooth spake thusly:

> Gnome-appearance-properties gets installed with a default collection of
> wallpapers, themes, backgrounds, or whatever they're called; I have
> plenty of my own that I like better, and always delete those. But some
> screensavers, such as Slip in xscreensaver, still find them --
> apparently in /usr/share/backgrounds. I'd like to get rid of them. But
> they seem to be protected in some way, at least against my userid.

"gnome-appearance-properties" is part of the "[GNOME] control-center"
package. That package does not come with any wallpaper.

The packages that *do* comee with wallpaper (assuming you only have GNOME
installed - vs. GNOME & KDE, XFCE.....) include

	desktop-backgrounds-basic

	gnome-backgrounds
& the
	leonidas-backgrounds*

		packages.

Do a search for them with yum, packagekit, or yumex and remove any or all
of them that you may have installed and your system wallpapers shouuld be
gone.

Personally, I like them, but most of the ones I use are also found
elsewhere and I just keep them in ~/Pictures/backgrounds.

Scott