Dealing with Fedora's mailing list

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 4 13:04:10 UTC 2009

On 07/03/2009 11:01 PM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> gilpel at altern.org wrote:
>
>> If there's anybody here who's in charge of Fedora's mailing lists, I
>> must say that the way you're dealing with susbscribers seems
>> dishonest.
>>

> Personally, I find the benefit I gain from using mailing lists far
> outweighs the annoyance of receiving some spam.  Most of the spam sent
> to my address is disposed of neatly by SpamAssassin.

And I agree with what Todd is saying. I've been on this list for a long,
long, long time now and the benefit far outweighs any small problems. I
sometimes make really stupid comments but that's okay. I still learn
technical stuff from people who are much greater experts than I. And
that is the point of it all, learning. Focus on the technical
discussions of interest.

Bob