transfer evolution contacts

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 4 08:33:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 11:29 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-04 at 01:49 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> > I installed F11 on a new machine and now I'm migrating my junk from my
> > old machine running F9. For evolution, I only want to transfer the
> > contacts, not all the old messages.
>
> Have you tried going to the contacts view, and right-clicking on the
> address book?  There's an option to save the list of contents.

I am confused. Under the contacts view I see nothing called address book to click on.
Under Actions tab there are options to copy contacts somewhere but I am
at a loss how you tell it where to copy them to.

However, I found no option to load or copy them back anywhere.

Some further instruction is needed.
"Language shapes the way we think, and determines what we can think
about." -- B. L. Whorf
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net