Nfs permissions problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Jul 4 22:02:32 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> ----
> you definitely should not have " targeted for the
> same mount point (/mnt/home) - that is a problem. Also, it is tricky to
> do 'user' mounts because users would necessarily have write permissions.
> So I would suggest that as root, you not only fix /etc/fstab on this
> computer but you also chmod 777 on /mnt/home so users can deal with it.
> But to be honest, /mnt was never intended to be a network mount point.
>
> Craig

    I'm not sure what the problem is with the "2 different nfs shares?"
    You may be correct but I can connect two clients to different shares
    with both su'd to root.

    I used /mnt/home since that was what was used in an example that I
    followed first time around. It seemed ok to me since /mnt has
    nothing in it. What would be a better choice?

    Thanks, Bob