Re: Firefox steals alsa audio

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Danny Yee <danny anatomy usyd edu au> wrote:
I downloaded the 1.20 alsa-drivers, built them, and rebooted.  Sound
worked for a while but then stopped working.  After much frustration I
removed pulseaudio and rebooted.  After that, vlc etc. worked and then
flash video in Firefox worked.  But after viewing flash video, sound
in vlc stopped working. Quitting firefox makes vlc sound work again.
Any suggestions on how I can get the firefox flash-plugin to share
audio output nicely with other applications?

Using pulseaudio.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ