Re: Help with d????????? ? ? ? ? ? .gvfs

davide wrote:
William M. Quarles <walrus <at> bellsouth.net> writes:
I have a directory in my home directory named .gvfs with the following properties when I do an ls -Al:

I can't access it, delete it, nor rename it; nor can root do any of those things. I keep getting error messages in the terminal saying as such, too. Does anybody know how I can fix this?

I had the same after changing my uid and gid.
I tried for a while to deal with this file, then I simple gave up.
After the reboot, it was simple to delete it :-)

(I suppose it's better to delete it, outside gnome session)

Yeah, I had to go into rescue mode with an installation disc and run fsck, through which the problem was fixed. No deletion necessary!

Peace,
William