Re: Help with d????????? ? ? ? ? ? .gvfs

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:43:29 +0000 (UTC)
davide wrote:

> > but is (like so much else in gnome)
> > really just a pain that causes untold problems in many
> > different tools.
>

> feel free to switch to something else, like KDE or OpenBox or I don't know.

I'm already using as little of gnome as I possibly can, yet something starts
the damn gvfs daemon in the microscopic parts of gnome I am
forced to start to get any gtk app to work at all :-).

Maybe if I created a plain file named ~/.gvfs and did a chattr +i on
it that would frustrate the daemon enough to leave me alone - I'll
have to try it sometime...