Dealing with Fedora's mailing list

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Jul 6 14:04:40 UTC 2009

gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> BTW, who owns this list?

The list administrators are listed at the bottom of the listinfo page:

(Full disclosure: I'm one of the volunteer admins. :)

> Another thing I'd like to fix until I use a Google mail address is
> how I stop fedora lists to send email to my new service provider. I
> saw the option:
>
> Would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?  	 No  Yes
>
> at

> but none to cancel sending. If you don't receive messages in a daily
> digest, you still receive them when they appear, which I prefer.

The very first item on the options page for your subscription is

    Mail delivery

    Set this option to Enabled to receive messages posted to this
    mailing list. Set it to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed,
    but don't want mail delivered to you for a while (e.g. you're
    going on vacation). If you disable mail delivery, don't forget to
    re-enable it when you come back; it will not be automatically
    re-enabled.

You can get to the list options page via the listinfo page or more
directly at https://www.redhat.com/mailman/options/fedora-list.

Religion. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the
nature of the Unknowable.
    -- Ambrose Bierce, The Enlarged Devil's Dictionary, 1906