F11 unusable !!!

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:56:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 10:16 +0200, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm desesperate....
>
> Even after updating latest version of kernel, after a few minutes the
> fan is starting and my systems hangs up. It is the same in level 1,3 or
> 5. Starting without acpi make the systems very very very slow (a yum
> update kernel took 3 hours...)
>
> Has anyone an idea ???

Sounds like a temperature problem. Perhaps you'd consider adding some
pertinent information, such as:

What hardware is this is happening on?
Are you monitoring system temperature and if so is it normal or high?
Does 'top' show any cpu hogs?
Does the problem also happen on F10 or any other system (e.g. a Live
CD)?

In the past, my noisy fan problems have always been caused by
temperature, caused in turn by dust clogging intakes or even fan motors.

poc