How to share a desktop? (for tutoring)

I have a need to share a minimal desktop, VNC is out of the question
as it's extremely heavy. But I haven't been able to find anything on
desktop sharing with FreeNX, and there doesn't seem to be any RDP
servers for Linux. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ideally I would run the session on a Linux box, and connect to it from
at least one Windows machine and the other could be either Windows or
Linux.

--
Fedora 10
(www.pembo13.com)