Re: How to share a desktop? (for tutoring)

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> I have a need to share a minimal desktop, VNC is out of the question
> as it's extremely heavy. But I haven't been able to find anything on
> desktop sharing with FreeNX, and there doesn't seem to be any RDP
> servers for Linux. Anyone have any suggestions?

I believe the RDP server is already installed. At least it is on my
F10 system. To activate it, in Gnome, you go to System -->
Preferences --> Internet and Network --> Remote Desktop.

> Ideally I would run the session on a Linux box, and connect to it from
> at least one Windows machine and the other could be either Windows or
> Linux.

There are also RDP clients for Linux. I believe there is a Wiki page
on this - at least I remember reading about it somewhere.

Mikkel