digikam messes up xv video output

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:01:49 UTC 2009

on 07/06/2009 07:35 PM Kevin Kofler wrote:
> oleksandr korneta wrote:
>> after some reading I found how to fix this problem on the fly without
>> restarting the X-server (that used to be the only way I turn things to
>> normal). Turns out that running nvidia-settings after digikam is closed
>> restore the hue value. The Hue slider in nvidia setting window always
>> remains o zero though, so I'm not sure what exactly is happening. And it
>> clearly seems like a bug to me.
>
> It's clearly a driver bug. Yet another bug in the crappy proprietary nvidia
> driver. That's what you get for using proprietary software.

you're right and I'd be happy to switch to everything open source when
it's available.

seems like it's been around for a while, and there's been multiple
workarounds in the software to avoid it.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=f0de0e4c2829de23e5302613e8008288&t=107009&page=2

surprisingly I ran into this only now.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F10 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./