Re: digikam messes up xv video output

on 07/06/2009 07:35 PM Kevin Kofler wrote:
oleksandr korneta wrote:
after some reading I found how to fix this problem on the fly without
restarting the X-server (that used to be the only way I turn things to
normal). Turns out that running nvidia-settings after digikam is closed
restore the hue value. The Hue slider in nvidia setting window always
remains o zero though, so I'm not sure what exactly is happening. And it
clearly seems like a bug to me.

It's clearly a driver bug. Yet another bug in the crappy proprietary nvidia driver. That's what you get for using proprietary software.

you're right and I'd be happy to switch to everything open source when it's available.

seems like it's been around for a while, and there's been multiple workarounds in the software to avoid it. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=f0de0e4c2829de23e5302613e8008288&t=107009&page=2

surprisingly I ran into this only now.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F10 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./