livecd artwork for CD printing?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:59:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Mikkel L.
Ellertson<mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
> Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:42:58 -0500
>> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>>
>>> Have you considered using the templates for Glabels that will let
>>> you print directly to the CD/DVD? I have a set that works well on
>>> the photosmart printers it has been tried on, using both 120mm and
>>> 80mm media.
>>
>> Have you printed one recently? My distinct impression from
>> gimp and openoffice experience is that gtk has completely broken
>> the ability to print to custom page sizes and I think
>> glabels is a gtk based app that needs to customize page
>> definitions.
>>
> I printed one last week. This machine is still running F10, so I am
> going to have to try it on f11, and see if that gives me problems.
> One thing about it is that I am printing to a standard media size as
> far as the printer is concerned. 120mm and 80mm CD/DVD media are
> standard sizes in the printer definitions. You do have to set the
> Media Source to CD or DVD tray. I will have to see what I need a
> label of, and print a CD tonight. (I hate to use a printable CD just
> for a test.)
>
> Mikkel

As one of the people contributing the GLabels template :) I've found
that I had to significantly update my glabels template settings to get
it to work under F11 (including updating to the hplip in
updates-testing to work around the bug where it chooses the default
paper tray no matter what tray you select).

I would say that the setting are now more "sane". i.e. the settings
for x0 y0 are now much closer to 0,0. But it's still a big pain when
you go to so much trouble to tweak it in and then everything changes
on you.

If anyone is interested in the template send me a request to my email directly.

Richard