Fedora was wrong (I think) (was Re: "One or more disks are failing" ?)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:24:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 14:58:13 -0700, Scott wrote:

> Michael Schwendt spake thusly:
>

> > Funnily, you posted a SMART report that shows the same values as before.
>
> It does? The other one had much more output (didn't it?).

It's the same version of smartctl even. If there's anything you'd
like to prove, please use "diff" (or a graphical tool like "diffuse" or
"meld") to visually compare the output of two reports.

> >> http://bit.ly/hard-drive-is-in-fact-not-dying
> > Why did you highlight the wrong lines?
>
> They're not "wrong". I highlighted them to show stuff I felt was important.

Then why did you highlight unimportant lines? ;-)
For example, and since it's the "--all" report, you highlighted the
two lines for the "smartctl --log error /dev/sda" report, but not the
lines for the "smartctl --log selftest /dev/sda" report section.