Editing menus in XFCE

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to edit the applications menu in XFCE(F11)? I think I read in the release notes (or help files) that the ability to do that was removed while writing the latest XFCE and it has not been reimplemented yet.

I believe one can edit /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu or any of the .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/ to get the job done. But isn't that rather too "hacky" for something as simple as editing the menu?

Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

--
Suvayu