Re: any known working USB/serial converters?

Hi,

Steve Underwood <steveu coppice org> writes:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>   a while back, i was whining about the lack of functionality of a
>> particular USB/serial converter:
>>
>> http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-test-list/2009-05/msg00398.html
>>
>>   does anyone have such a converter that just plain works out of the
>> box?  i'm more than happy to buy and try another brand if it's the
>> prolific product that's causing the trouble.
well, don't buy an adaptor that needs the ark3116 module. I have
one. But it doesn't support sending break, which renders it useless
for me. Besides that the adaptor seems to work ;).

Regards
hmw

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html