Re: any known working USB/serial converters?

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:10:01 -0400 (EDT)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday crashcourse ca> wrote:

>   a while back, i was whining about the lack of functionality of a
> particular USB/serial converter:
>
> http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-test-list/2009-05/msg00398.html
>
>   does anyone have such a converter that just plain works out of the
> box?  i'm more than happy to buy and try another brand if it's the
> prolific product that's causing the trouble.

pl2303 is pretty standard stuff. Check the baud rates and the like would
be my first guess. If they seem to match and csize and the rest match at
both ends then see if different baud rates each end helps (eg if the
board you have uses some strange non standard clock)

Alan