VirtualBox problems

Christopher Thielen cmthielen at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 7 14:51:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 10:36 -0400, Michael Semcheski wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Christopher
> Thielen<cmthielen at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> > If you're using (forgive me, I forget the exact name) "proper"
> > networking, e.g. where the virtual machine has a real IP on your
> > network,
>
> This is called "Bridged Networking".  It would make your Windows XP
> machine more like a physical machine on the network.

Thanks Michael; if the printer is set up in cups (which I think the
graphical Fedora printer setup stuff uses), you can fairly easily add it
to Samba. Somewhat bad instructions:
http://www.computing.net/answers/linux/printer-on-fedora-samba-share/26724.html .

Thinking about it, this might be the only solution if USB pass-thru and
parallel pass-thru are not available.

--
Chris Thielen <cmthielen at ucdavis.edu>
Systems Administrator