kb shortcuts: mute doesn't work

Hi all,

Running f10 here and have noticed a bug.

I have setup a keyboard shortcut for my keyboard's mute button. When I press it the speaker image appears and the little red box with an x in it also appears, indicating that sound has been muted. Oops! Volume is still on, no muting takes place.

The shortcut is XF86AudioMute.

Oddly the shortcuts to raise/lower the volume do function correctly.

Has anybody else seen this?  If so, is there a fix?

Thanks,
:m)