VirtualBox problems

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Jul 7 18:23:31 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Slightly OT: My USB devices -- Nokia phone, Bluetooth dongle, Palm TX,
> Ipod -- aren't recognized when I plug them in, despite having the
> correct incantations in the VBox settings panel (i.e. I added filters
> using "Get filter from device"). I also have the correct vboxusers
> group. I was hoping VBox 3 would fix this, but it hasn't.
>
> poc

Do you mean that they do not appear in the list of USB devices at
all, that they are grayed out, or that the OS in VertualBox does not
see them?

Mike
--

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my

   -Bjorne Stroustrup, computer science professor,
                       designer of C++ programming language (1950- )