Completely confused by VNC packaging in Fedora 10

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Jul 7 20:18:59 UTC 2009

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> First of all, I was looking for TightVNC, through the wiki I came here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TightVNC which redirects to
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/TigerVNC
>
> Neither of these are in Fedora 10. That page also talks about XVNC,
> which also is not in Fedora 10 as far as i can tell.
>
> I am looking for the server implementation with the best compression
> and the ability to share a session.
>
> Where do I go to from here?

On F10:

	vnc-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	vnc-libs-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	vnc-server-4.1.3-1.fc10.x86_64
	libvncserver-0.9.1-3.fc10.x86_64

All based on RealVNC, which has been, well, somewhat stagnant for a
while as they seem to be devoting effort to their non-open version.

TigerVNC (formerly TightVNC) is used in Fedora 11, I believe.  At least
it was planned to be used in F11.  My F11 laptop is sitting in the car
right now, so I can't verify.
-                      LOOK OUT!!! BEHIND YOU!!!                     -