[Fixed] Fedora 11 -- can't move windows all the way onto right monitor

Cry cry_regarder at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 02:08:02 UTC 2009

Cry <cry_regarder <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> I can't drag a window all the way from my left monitor to the
> right monitor.  It stops with about 100 pixels left on the left
> monitor.  Driving me insane.

I don't know what changed when to cause this as I don't log in
and out frequently and their have been many updates since I
last logged out.  The fix however involved modifying my xorg.conf
file.  It turns out that my "Device" section had:

        Option      "monitor-TMDS-2" "left"
        Option      "monitor-TMDS-1" "right"

lines but that TMDS-1 and 2 are not the names for the DVI ports
anymore.  Now it is DVI1 and DVI2.  Also I removed the monitor
definition from the "Screen" section.  My new xorg.conf is:

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection