Fn key doesn't work on Vostro 1500

Fresh F11 install on Vostro 1500, no proprietary drivers, selinux disabled.
I can't seem to get Fn key to work. Fn+up/down is supposed to adjust
brightness, Fn+PrntScrn is SysRq, etc. None of these combinations work
right now.
I've found that I can adjust brightness from command line with
solid-powermanagement.
Also, when I tried to assign Fn+up/down key to a shortcut, I got a
message that said Qt doesn't support this key combination.