VirtualBox problem

Manuel Aróstegui manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Jul 8 13:16:06 UTC 2009

El jue, 09-07-2009 a las 09:07 +1000, alan duval escribió:
> I am using a desktop computer at home and don't have a network. I have
> installed VirtualBox so that I can run WIN XP occasionally.
> As WIN XP is a virtual machine can it be regarded as on a network?
> I have no experience of setting up a network or of setting up Samba so
> what would be the best way to go about this?
>
> Alan

I haven't used VirtualBox, but in VMWare you have the option to set up
the guests' network as NAT with the host, so you need no network to
communicate the host with the guest.
I don't know though, if VirtualBox has something like that, but I guess
it does.

Cheers
Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

Electronic Mail is not secure, might not be read every day, and should not
be used for urgent or sensitive issues.