Re: Upgrade from FC6 to FC11

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 23:30 +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Are you saying that skipping one release is supported? (that is, is it supposed
> to work?)

The official policy is that only upgrades F(N-1) -> F(N) works, but I
yum updated a dozen F8 boxes to F10 some months ago.

> Because I have a couple of FC5 servers, and I could upgrade through
> the odd releases 5->7->9->11.

It should be rather straightforward to upgrade them to CentOS 5.3, you
should be able to do it with yum. If they're 64-bit boxes you may have
to remove some .i386 packages before the transaction goes through.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor