F10 -> F11 - Xvfb, hal, dbus

Peter J. Stieber developer at toyon.com
Thu Jul 9 23:13:41 UTC 2009

I just upgraded a machine from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11.  I run Xvfb to
perform some nightly regression testing on codes.  The same code runs on
multiple cases. Each time the code runs I see a few...

(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
(EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)

I thought I would see these messages when starting Xvfb under Fedora 10,
but not when running an application, but I'm not sure.

After many of these messages I get...

(EE) config/hal: couldn't watch all properties:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded (Connection ":1.31" is not
allowed to add more match rules (increase limits in configuration file
if required))
process 16121: arguments to dbus_move_error() were incorrect, assertion
"(dest) == NULL || !dbus_error_is_set ((dest))" failed in file
dbus-errors.c line 278.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
   D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace

After this, my succesive runs of the code I'm testing crash because they
cannot connect to the Xvfb Xserver.

Any ideas?
Pete