kvm/qemu network problem

I set up a windows xp virtual machine. Windows recognizes the nic and set up a driver for it, however it will not get an ip address from my router. I set up win xp before and everything worked, however, I deleted the vm a while back ago and now need it back. (Guess I shouldn't have gotten rid of it) Anyway, all I get is the win generated ip address 169.xxx.xxx.xxx and cannot connect to the internet.

Running Fedora 11 x86_64 on:

ASUS motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad
Atheros based 10/100/1000 nic