Another Firefox 3.5 problem update

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Jul 10 02:25:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 13:46 -0400, George Avrunin wrote:
> Well, I'm getting strange behavior on www.nytimes.com with FF 3.5 (but not
> enough to make it unusable).
>
> I'm on F11, fully updated.  When I click on an article, FF seems to think
> that it's loaded twice. I noticed this because the back arrow wouldn't work
> once I had gone to an article. If I click on the list of sites to go back
> to (the small triangle next to the back and forward arrows), it shows the
> current page twice. Clicking on the back arrow doesn't change that.  But
> if I click on something farther down the list, I get back to that page.

I saw this for a while with F10 and ff3.0.x.  It persisted when I
upgraded to F11.  It's stopped now. AFAICT.  (I reported it to the
nytimes.com Webmaster a couple of days back, but I have not had a
response.  No other sites have behaved this way for me.)

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu