F11 - RhythmBox not recognising audio CD

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri Jul 10 02:29:16 UTC 2009

People,

F10 Xine, Mplayer and RhythmXox were working fine with F10.  I then
reinstalled from scratch with a F11 Live CD (although the home dirs were
kept intact on a separate partition).  I have installed all the libs
that I can think of and Xine and Mplayer can play an audio CD fine (Song
of Leonard Cohen) but RythBox just doesn't recognise the CD or drive
(/dev/sr0) or something.  When I plug the CD in, Fedora starts the movie
player but there is a message saying that the CD can't be played and is
the CD in the drive properly . .

Anyone have any idea about fixes/debugging?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades