VMware Workstation in F11

I performed a fresh install of F11, then installed
VMware-Workstation-6.5.2-156735.x86_64.rpm.  Installed the patch for
kernel-2.6.29 from http://communities.vmware.com/thread/203231.  Now,
when I try to start a VM, I get a message that the .vmdk file can't be
found.  The message pop-up lets me browse to the location of the file.

         File not found: xxx.vmdk

        This file is required to power on the virtual machine.  If this
        file was moved, please provide its new location.

But the file has not been moved, and when I select the file from the
browser, VMware still refuses to start.

Turning selinux to non-enforcing doesn't help.  Problem occurs with
Workstation and Player.  Everything worked fine with F10, including with
a 2.6.29 test kernel.

Anybody seen this?  Anybody know a solution?

TIA.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences