Eee PC Boot Problem

I've solved this problem, but thought I'd report it anyway.

I twice installed F11 on my Eee 1000 and both times I was unable to boot afterwards. All I'd get was the grub command line. The issue seems to be that the presence of the USB key is confusing the grub installer, and it's setting up grub with the wrong (hdX) stuff. I was able to fix this by re-installing grub, but obviously that is not for the meek.

Richard