mailing list pgp signatures...

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 10 22:47:52 UTC 2009

g wrote:

> one of reasons that i use a pgp sig is that it maintains my idenity and
> prevents someone from trying to send an email as me, which has happened
> on this very list.

How does it maintain your identity when we can not verify that you
signed the message. Without having your public key, all we know is
that someone signed the message. So, your signing your messages sent
to the mailing list does nothing except cause problems for others.

David, one way to solve the problem is to write a filter rule that
sends g's messages directly to trash.

Mikkel