Random screen blanking -- a clue

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Sat Jul 11 02:30:07 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 10:10 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> It's the screensaver. Something's causing it to trip, when it shouldn't.

Absolutely.

The screen going dead while I was working scared me half to death a few
times until I went to the power management settings and changed it to
never put the display to sleep. No more problems until the other day
when I decided to try again, but it's happened again once since I
enabled it.

It happens both ways: sometimes the screen gets shut off when the system
is not idle, and sometimes it doesn't get shut off when the system is
idle. And _most_ of the time, it works correctly.

I don't think it has anything to do with the screen saver per se; that
seems to be ok. I think it's the power management that's a little confused.

<Joe