Re: Random screen blanking -- a clue

On 07/10/2009 10:49 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Richard Shaw writes:

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Sam
Varshavchik<mrsam courier-mta com> wrote:

It's the screensaver. Something's causing it to trip, when it shouldn't.

I was hoping wasn't the only person having that problem! Anyone have
a solution other than disabling dpms?

Yes. Beer.

Beer, as a step towards a solution, is generally a good approach.

Another "mee too" here, btw. I was wondering if it was just my ancient CRT that was on its last legs but then came to the realisation that it looked more like power management bug.

It's annoying, but it's not the end of the world. I can see why this may
be a problem if you're playing some game; except in that case, it's just
a minor annoyance.

I have to disagree with that. At best, it's a "minor annoyance" if one is working (read: trying to get stuff done).