Random screen blanking -- a clue

brian fedora at logi.ca
Sat Jul 11 12:56:07 UTC 2009

On 07/10/2009 10:49 PM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Richard Shaw writes:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Sam
>> Varshavchik<mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's the screensaver. Something's causing it to trip, when it shouldn't.
>>
>> I was hoping wasn't the only person having that problem! Anyone have
>> a solution other than disabling dpms?
>
> Yes. Beer.

Beer, as a step towards a solution, is generally a good approach.

Another "mee too" here, btw. I was wondering if it was just my ancient
CRT that was on its last legs but then came to the realisation that it
looked more like  power management bug.

> It's annoying, but it's not the end of the world. I can see why this may
> be a problem if you're playing some game; except in that case, it's just
> a minor annoyance.

I have to disagree with that. At best, it's a "minor annoyance" if one
is working (read: trying to get stuff done).