Re: Preupgrade F10 to F11: Installer boot fails in GRUB

Robert Nichols wrote:
Running preupgrade in F10, all packages are downloaded successfully, and I click on the "Reboot now" button. When the system reboots, I select the "Upgrade to Fedora 11 (Leonidas)" entry from the GRUB menu and get an immediate "Error 15:
File not found" failure from GRUB.

Everything is on one partition (no separate /boot partition).

In /boot/grub/grub.conf:

  default=1
  timeout=10
  splashimage=(hd0,6)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
  #hiddenmenu
  title Upgrade to Fedora 11 (Leonidas)
kernel /boot/upgrade/vmlinuz preupgrade repo=hd::/var/cache/yum/preupgrade stage2=hd:UUID=d137c2a7-7913-42ed-87b0-6b3fac3ec768:/boot/upgrade/install.img

What appears to have caused the problem is that this isn't the primary
GRUB menu.  It's a separate GRUB installation reached by a chainloader
command in the main GRUB menu.  I don't know whether it's preupgrade
or anaconda that's at fault, but something ends up going to the wrong
partition and of course not finding the repository created by
preupgrade.  Unfortunately, re-creating the problem and trying to
pin down the exact cause would just take way more time than I can
justify for such an oddball case.

                Do NOT delete it.