Re: Random screen blanking -- a clue

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 20:15:59 -0500
Richard Shaw wrote:

> I guess this leaves a kernel driver or Xorg dpms
> bug as the culprit?

I vote gnome-power-manager, not Xorg. I removed
gnome-power-manager from my system after annoying
screen blanking two seconds after I finished typing
and replaced it with some xset commands in my
startup code to enable the xorg screen blanking
code instead (which has worked properly since
before the gnomes decided they had to rewrite
everything that already worked well :-).

No more screen blanking except after proper timeout
with gnome-power-manager gone.