How do I switch mirror for rpmfusion?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 12 02:39:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 01:10 -0400, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
> I very often get those "Socket Error: timed out" interruptions. How do
> I switch mirror for rpmfusion?

You can try "yum clean metadata" and stand a good chance that a
different mirror will be picked at random, for your next "yum update" or
"yum install".  This is what I do when I get stuck with a slow mirror,
though first doing a CTRL+C during the downloading is often enough to
get onto a different mirror that might be better.

For a more permanent solution, if you can find a mirror that you're
happy with, you can edit the various rpmfusion repo files (*), to use
just that mirror.  Comment out the mirrorlist line, and put your
preferred mirror address into the baseurl line.

*  /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion*.repo

If there were a collection of different mirrors that suited you, you
could probably just change the mirrorlist line to point to a local file
listing your preferred mirrors.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686