How do I switch mirror for rpmfusion?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Sun Jul 12 05:22:44 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 01:10 -0400, gilpel at altern.org wrote:
>> I very often get those "Socket Error: timed out" interruptions. How do
>> I switch mirror for rpmfusion?
>
> You can try "yum clean metadata"

Noted.

> For a more permanent solution, if you can find a mirror that you're
> happy with, you can edit the various rpmfusion repo files (*), to use
> just that mirror.

That's what Leo suggested, I believe, but Fedora makes me lazy. Things
work usually so well without editing files. Hey, listen to this: after
scrapping Totem and installing Mplayer, I could even watch Radio-Canada's
wmv without a glitch!!!

I was late on one program (decouverte, in case you want to practice your
french :) and watched TV online for part of the afternoon, but I might get
back to editing files later.

Thanks!