Best way to send SMS messages

Manuel Aróstegui manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Jul 12 06:47:34 UTC 2009

El sáb, 11-07-2009 a las 20:06 -0400, Bill Davidsen escribió:
> Any thoughts on the optimal solution? It would be useful to be able to send a
> standard SMS like a human text, rather than one of those eMail to SMS gateways
> which send all the headers and such.

Here I have a Nokia GSM phone attached via serial port to our server,
(in the environment we have 3 servers using that SMS "gateway" if you
will).
So I have a small shell script in two of the server that creates a text
file with the SMS I want to be sent and place it in a certain directory
in our server with the phone attached to.
So, in the "sms gateway" I have another script always "listening", so
whenever he receives a text file it sends it via gnokii.

Manuel.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

Electronic Mail is not secure, might not be read every day, and should not
be used for urgent or sensitive issues.