updates are all failling.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 12 13:17:52 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 14:52 -0700, Paolo Galtieri wrote:
> Just wait a while and try again.  I did a yum update a few minutes ago
> and it failed on the first dozen mirrors and then found one.  So I
> would try again in a few minutes. It takes a while for everything to
> propagate to the mirrors.
>
> Paolo
As of 8am CDT the following three things are happening to me:
1. Running yum update
causes every mirror access to fail
2. polycykit seems to be download all 30 updates but then fails to be
bale to update grubby, gdb and mkinitrd
3. If I run:
yum --exclude=grubby\*  --exclude=gdb\*   --exclude=mkinitrd\*  update
the excludes are ignored and grubby, gdb and mkinitrd are attempted to
be download but that fails and the whole upgrade fails.

What is going on? I am frustrated.