Re: why would i lose sound entirely every so often?

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 06:04 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   another data point -- i did a "killall firefox", started another
> instance which promptly restored all my tabs including the youtube one
> and, voila, i have sound.  i'm still confused.

Flash using the sound system directly, rather than sharing it through
pulseaudio, and hogging it all to itself?

I've experienced the same sort of thing, occasionally.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.