Why separate GA and updates directories?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jul 12 14:51:58 UTC 2009

On 07/12/2009 03:46 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:
> Does anybody know the reason that Fedora separates GA and updates on its
> repositories? In case the question's not clear, I mean this:
>
> GA:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Everything/i386/os/
>

> Updates:
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/11/i386/

 No idea - clearly the repos are separate so createrepo can be run
independently. I think a much clearer way to do this is something like
below. My mirror script would simplify enormously if each release had
its own tree ... clearly yum, createerepo etc dont care one way or the
other.

 fedora/11
           source
           i686