Sound problem after upgrading from F9 to F10

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jul 12 14:53:49 UTC 2009

Ever since I upgraded, sound no longer plays well. I get short dropouts every couple of seconds. This happens with all sound apps except MIDI ones. I found that aplay reports underruns:

$ aplay <some file>.wav
underrun!!! (at least 34709.746 ms long)

(Of course it only happened once when I'm trying to reproduce it!)

Is this trying to say that it can't get the data off the disk fast enough? I never had this problem with F9 and it doesn't happen on the Window$ side of this dual boot machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve.