Re: (Solved) Setting up HP laserjets (1012) to work with Fedora 11

This fixed the problem for me, but programmers should make sure that the
procedure is done automatically.

I was receiving a message saying that the printer was not connected.

I selected the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) option instead of USB
printer.

Then, I received the message that the HPIJS driver was not available. I
installed HPIJS, now everything works fine.