(Solved) Which gpg keys are installed?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Sun Jul 12 19:20:14 UTC 2009

I came up with the question of how to check installed keys in the thread
pertaining to Totem.

The solution is in the rpm man page:

All currently imported public keys can be displayed by:

       rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*

Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be  displayed  by
querying.   Here’s  information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key:

       rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e

Finally,  public  keys  can be erased after importing just like packages.
Here’s how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key. (Do not remove this key: you
really need it!!! Just an example.)

       rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e

rpm -qi gpg-pubkey

displays all installed keys with detail

Thanks to those who oriented me to the rpm man page. I had no idea I could
check keys with rpm... Learning.